Friday 30 September 2011

Dreams

I’m clearly not used to this new blog. It all feels very strange and surreal. But the only way of getting that horrible new car smell off, is... posting. How about some true & real dreams this time.

I dreamt I was standing on a platform, waiting for a train. There we were, I and a whole bunch of obscene idiots... all jittering away. The women were very sexy. Finally, the train arrived, but it was a very short one, passing the waiting people on the platform, so we all had to walk quickly to get it. We were too late. It drove off before our very eyes, the train made up of a whole lot of fluorescent violet Volkswagen Beetles.

Then I was walking with my bike in my hand. I carried a dead hare in my hands, one I had found on the road. A dead hare with his head split in two. I closely studied the animal’s wounds, the cleanly cut open head, revealing a not all that bloody inside. (I know you cleverpants are miles ahead of me, but the whole vulvamorphic symbolism thing had escaped me till long after.) I carried the corpse for a while before tying it under the elastic straps of the bike. Then, a mysterious labyrintic building was blocking my way. I had to move through all kinds of starship enterprisian halls to get to the other side. I didn’t succeeded; most doors were closed.

9 comments:

  1. 1) Seems like you are just lost, something about aimlessness in your life, That's all anout it.
    2) Who is she on the accompanying lomography?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lost? Lost is not a strong enough word. Good of you to notice.

    The Sculpture on the picture... that was a riot! It stands at the entrance of the Lisbon municipal campsite. A complete recommended place, both the campsite and Lisbon itself. I don't know why I posted it underneath... she has not (yet!) appeared in my dreams.

    Hey Jan, have patience with my blog. It has to pick up some steam...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Postsome more ptctires of ... err ... statuettes, and everything will be alright. Which it is anyway.
    I don't like to be pushed, and I do not push anybody else. I'll just hang around a bit if that's alright with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes... it's I and the blog itself (and the loss of my other blog) that's making me push myself. I'm so very slow at posting, or even thinking of things to write at the moment. And I do not like that one bit!

    I was at ease with the other one, building things on top of the other. And now? I am completely off... I do hardly any office work, but play around with photographs and just dreaming away. Not good! I will be back some day with hopefully a madman's rant and a machine gun of poems & shit.

    Thanks for pushing me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Read my last comment on Mike's blog. man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're too good. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally, I can see your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steve Bulletholes, you will never see my reply, but I thank you for it now, a year and a half later.

    ReplyDelete