Friday 27 January 2012

The Continuing Facebook Feud

Card For The Commonwealth (as published on Facebook)

I wish you a good day people, here’s a card to you all. I took a short vacation from our commune, yet I returned. This in no small part due to some rational guidance and kind words I received from dear friends, and to something I read this morning in a book of intelligent and fair being. In this book, a man, troubled by similar worries as I, spake to another man. The first exclaimed how he be distraught by experiencing the impossibility to stay and proclaim his own ideas in a way that they would be heard and produce results, and that he therefore chose a wandering life, all kept to his own.

So then the other bloke says: “If evil opinions and naughty persuations cannot be utterly and quite plucked out of their hearts, if you cannot even as you would remedy vices which use and custom hath confirmed, yet for all this cause you must not leave and forsake the commonwealth. You must not forsake the ship in a tempest because you cannot rule and keep down the winds.”

And there you have it, folks. I must not forsake this ship.

3 comments:

  1. Say you "do not want" to abandon the ship. Sounds more like a decision out of free will. I've learnt that from a good friend of mine. And I mean friend, not any facebook shit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got to watch your balls. Even the friendly dolphins have a wicked set of teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, one has to be mighty careful where & when he frees his will.

    It's a complicated matter, facebook & I. Perhaps it would take too long to explain here. But the bottom line is that I have decided: why would I, agáín, have to adapt to the idiocy of the majority? I hate facebook but it cán be used with beauty and truth. "Why would I be the one to leave? I'm not the one that sucks," is the reasoning, basically.

    Hey all, thanks so much for reading.

    ReplyDelete