Friday 27 July 2012

From the Notebook Last Bits (part 1)


• It is raining. Clouds are hanging low over the hills.

• Painting over a piece of marble, or wood, so that it looks exactly like a piece of marble or wood respectively.

• The white line / and floating shadows / of depraved colours / of crude sinners / Give me those pliers, that blade /and let me peacefully lose my holiness

• T-shirt text: ‘Talking about Peanut butter!’

• Has anybody in here ever heard of a rhetorical question?

• Huge gust of wind… my beer is almost blowing out of the can.

• Opposite on the campsite are two young men with a tent who talk English with each other, but neither seems a native speaker – I’m guessing a Latvian and an Austrian, or a Belgian and Ukrainian guy – but what’s important is that one of them is talking in a ‘funny voice’, which is exactly like the voice in ‘Revolution Number 9’ that says ‘they are standing still’. [Note: listen at around 3’40’’ in the song for that line.]

• ‘How many ants do you take in your coffee?’

• T-shirt text: ‘Oh well…’

• Today the pigeons are calling ‘rood plastic – rood plastic’ and ‘la porte – la porte’ and ‘la plage – la plage’… what elaborate vocabulary those birds have, don’t you think, boys & girls?

• There’s a lot of French rap music on the radio. I like French rap: you can’t hear how moronic the lyrics are.

• Maybe next time I should go to a place where it’s less idyllic, east Poland or something. It’s very beautiful here, but the people are so FULL… full of sun, culture, love and life… So rich and enviable, not for their wealth but for their lives.

• The pigeons are calling ‘ka-torze – ka-torze – katorze’

• When did drunken sluts stopped being funny and became sad and annoying?

• No matter how I like nature, I’m a city person: I like to be on my own.
• T-shirt text (or fictive band name): Fling Your Beavers Aloft!

• Judging by the characteristic clook sounds of decorktations that surround me on the campsite, the other people here drink just as much as I do. That most of them travel in groups of 2, 3 or more people and I’m alone is not an argument to my disadvantage.


• T-shirt text: Give The Bag To Bozo!
• My hair is long and curly, my glasses darkly rimmed. People are looking at me with interest and I keep wondering whether it is with admiration or repulsion.

• I wonder if they have developed a smartphone app for the measurement of ball distances at pétanque already… to see which ball lies closest.


4 comments:

  1. Playing (drunk) Rorschach blots with these drawing could be something...
    j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see where you come from... fried eggs on grass. Yes, perhaps it is one of the reasons I placed these. Also because Dave (my other reader) likes to find entities in my drawings. And I like it when he does. Thanks, J. for reacting and be my guest to share it, if you see something... Hi to you!

    Martijn

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't take it the wrong way... if i didn't like them i wouldn't comment.
    j

    ReplyDelete
  4. No-no, I didn't take it the wrong way. I liked your comment. I had thought about Rorschach myself a few times, but I didn't know the name. I have made far clearer drawings this vacation; 'better' some might say... technically better, less wild, more figurative. But I liked to show these. Hi j.

    ReplyDelete