Wednesday 18 July 2012

Nice Postcard



Nice, 2 June 2012
Mon Chérie,
I amuse myself into smithereens over here. First a week in good old Aix-en-Provence (lots of tramping through nature mostly) and then off to the Côte d’fucking-Zur. There are uglier places than this, but how busy and luxurious it is everywhere! I just try to laugh at it and enjoy myself thoroughly. Far from Dutch finicking... Yesterday folding biking to Monaco, today to Cannes. I completely destroy myself: monstrous days. So that’s nice. Weather not too hot alas, but okay. The women overhere are very prudish, as can be seen on verso. So you can imagine I miss you very much. Amai! Stay as cool as you are and be having some of the old monster raving fun at your own vacation later. Lots of love, Martijn.

P.S. Death to Get Set Inc. & Long live Love! (Give S. my regards.)

2 comments:

  1. A Connecticut yankee in King Arthur's Court! It's good sometimes to ride a folding bike into a place where you absolutely don't belong, because you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! And there's many a time I've imagined myself winning the lottery and go camping in a tent on close-to-the-ground low-life campings with a (vintage) Rolls Royce and three-piece suit. That would be my ideal.

    'Folding bike'? So that's the term. Sometimes I have to resort to self-invented English when I'm too lazy to look the correct words up. Thanks Dave! Imagine going to the Savoy and ordering Jack's pizza! Whoohoo!

    ReplyDelete