Wednesday 18 July 2012

From the Notebook Vol. 7


[…] One of those dreams was amazing. I was a man whom I observed in the second person (I could see myself act). I looked like Niles Crane. The exact procedures have escaped me by now, but I appeared to be a scientist whose career had completely dried up by a serious nervous breakdown. Then I find a ‘thing’ in the ground, a beautiful but strange metal apparatus, and I walk around with it, marvelling and examining the item.
Inside the silky, shiny, silvery exterior, that looked like being made from a tuba horn, were hidden, like in a Swiss army knife, all kinds of other mysterious instruments, some recognisable and mundane, others that hinted at some supernatural background or mysterious religious practices. When I begin to realise the scientific importance of the thing, I go frantic and start running like a madman over the university grounds looking for my desk – to investigate the object. I punch people that stand in my way in the mouth, make death threats, huff & puff (see Stan Laurel with his whip in Chumps at Oxford) and, in a loud booming voice, demand my desk back! This thing was going to be ground-breaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment